Making Friends After 40
For many of us, making friends can be a challenge at any age. But as we get older, the task of making friends can seem even more daunting. If you're looking to make friends after 40, there's no need to fear. Here are some tips to make new friends after 40.
1. Join a Club or Group – Joining a club or group that interests you is a great way to meet new people and make friends. Look for a club or group that focuses on a hobby or activity that you enjoy. From book clubs to sports teams, there are many ways to find people who share your interests. When you meet people with similar interest, you start off with something to talk about!
2. Attend Events – Whether you're looking for a social gathering or a professional networking event, attending events can be an excellent way to meet new people. Try to attend events that cater to your age group, such as a "40+" mixer or a meetup for people in your profession. I have a few social events scheduled in the next 30 days and YOU are invited! This is for the ladies... Midlife Ladies Connect is meeting in Loveland next week January 24th and Denver on February 7th. Check it out and RSVP! More connecting opportunities if you scroll down.
3. Utilize Online Platforms – Online platforms such as Meetup are a great way to meet people in your area who share similar interests. You can join groups that focus on hobbies, fitness, or even social activities.
4. Reach Out to Old Friends – If you haven't spoken to an old friend in a while, now may be the perfect time to reach out. Old relationships can be a great way to make new friends. She is probably thinking about you too! Be the hero and send her a message!
5. Volunteer – Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and make a positive impact in your community. You can volunteer for a local organization or nonprofit, or even help out at a school or community event. Making friends after 40 doesn't have to be difficult. By taking steps to get out and meet people, you can quickly find a network of friends who share your interests and values.
There are more ideas I will share in the weeks to come. For now, just get out of hermit mode and be seen! More virtual and in person events below or check out the Events page on my website.
All my love,