Summer is a great time to get together with friends and have some fun. How many times have you gotten to the end of the summer and realize you didn't socialize with your friends as much as you would have liked? Now is the time to plan and schedule your summer gatherings! Whether you’re looking for indoor ideas or outdoor activities, here are 10 fun things to do with your friends this summer.
1. Have a picnic in the park. Get together with your friends and enjoy a picnic lunch in the park. Pack some sandwiches, chips, and fruit and don’t forget to bring a blanket to sit on.
2. Go to the beach, lake, or river. Spend an afternoon at the beach with your friends. Swim, sunbathe, build sandcastles, float in a tube, enjoy nature and have fun.
3. Have a movie night. Invite your friends over for a movie night. Pop some popcorn, make some snacks, and watch a favorite chick-flick.
4. Go camping. Pack up the car and spend a few days camping with your friends. Enjoy the great outdoors, tell stories around the campfire, and make some memories.
5. Have a water balloon fight. Why reserve these fun shenanigans only for the kids? Fill up some balloons with water and have a water balloon fight with your friends. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
6. Go for a hike. Explore the great outdoors and go for a hike with your friends. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful summer weather.
7. Go to a concert. Check out the local music scene and attend a concert with your friends. Check your communities event calendar for FREE entertainment events!
8. Play a game. Whether it’s a board game, a card game, or an outdoor game, (remember kickball?) it’s always fun to get together with friends and play a game.
9. Have a potluck. Get together with your friends and have a potluck. Everyone can bring a dish and you can enjoy a delicious meal together.
10. Go to a festival. Explore the local festivals and spend an afternoon with your friends. Enjoy the entertainment, the food, and the fun.
No matter what you decide to do, it’s sure to be a great summer when you’re spending time with your friends. Now is the time to start the planning process! Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to schedule one gathering for each summer month.
Have fun and make some summer memories! If you would like to join an online community of Midlife women, I invite you to join us in the private Ms. Midlife Facebook Group.
All my love,